Meet the Staff
We are currently searching for the person God is calling to be the new Lead Pastor at Miamisburg First Church of God. Interested parties should submit their resumes to https://chogministryconnector.com/, using the following format.
LEAD PASTOR PROFILE
Miamisburg First Church of God is affiliated with the Church of God Anderson, IN and is seeking to fill the position of Lead Pastor.
Educational and Theological Requirements
The lead pastor should possess a graduate level education from an accredited theological seminary or Christian University. In addition, there should be sufficient training through mentorship and sufficient experience as noted in the profile. The Lead Pastor must be committed to an understanding of Christian faith from the Wesleyan tradition and the Church of God, Anderson, IN. The Lead Pastor will adhere to our statement of faith as published on our website and must be credentialed within the Church of God or willing to pursue credentials in the Church of God.
First Church is currently in a covenant agreement with Healthy Growing Churches. It is important that the new Lead Pastor continue with this agreement and the coaching HGC provides through the remainder of 2017 and possibly longer if deemed beneficial by the Vision Team. This includes embracing the current bylaws, Vision and Mission and pursuing them completely.
The following are the essential elements that define the Lead Pastor Profile:
· building strong small group system
· developing a family ministry that will disciple children, youth and young adults
· believes multiplication is the process of growing converts and church plants
· constantly assessing if the church’s current outreach vision is being accomplished
· display a visionary understanding of aligning the church vision and mission to determine where the church needs to go next in reaching the community for Christ.
· community outreach experience with the younger generation and with a diverse community
· track record of leading people to salvation
· passionate for and experienced in reaching a surrounding community for Christ
· will be personally involved in organizations in the community and model this involvement for the staff and congregation
· has experience in motivating people to engage the community
· understands and practices Kingdom growth through discipleship of others
· Lead Pastor or Associate Pastor in a larger church with staff
· familiar with our Leadership Accountability Governance Model and agrees with this model
· staff management experience
· leadership development skills and experience
· proven experience in managing, mentoring, and influencing people
· can lead, disciple, and encourage staff and other leaders
· understands budgets, stewardship development, and the importance of financial accountability
· demonstrates building appropriate relationships with congregational members
· demonstrates how to attract and maintain regular attendees
· a posture of humbleness in leading and a desire to be a lifelong learner
· is an outstanding communicator/teacher that can be understood by youth and adults of various ages
· inspires others to be involved
· inspiring teacher/preacher
· motivates and inspires to invite change
· demonstrates a high level of commitment to Christ and His Church
· is a high achiever
· committed to daily devotions, prayer, and study
· with grace and compassion, can stand against attacks from church people and not fold to threats and pressure
· demonstrates integrity in every area of life in the church and outside
· has personal finances in excellent order
· if married, has a healthy Christ centered marriage and family
· lives or is willing to re-locate to our community
Music and Worship Arts Pastor
Having grown up singing in church since the age of 3, Cynthia has led others in worshiping God her entire life. Having been a Worship Arts Pastor for more than 17 years, Cynthia has a strong calling to help bring people into the life-changing presence of God through music and other arts.
Cynthia’s love of the arts includes singing, playing instruments, poetry, technology, graphic arts, and dance. She is passionate about incorporating different artistic elements into corporate and personal times of worship. Not only does she enjoy leading worship on Sunday mornings, but she also enjoys the opportunities she has to serve at youth camps, women’s retreats, and camp meetings.
Cynthia and her husband Michael have four beautiful children and have served at Miamisburg First Church of God since 2011.
Tween and Youth Pastor
Treves has been in ministry for almost 15 years, serving in various ways. He has pioneered such ministries as the Food Pantry, Clothes Closet, and Adopt-A-Block. Treves was the director of Upward Basketball for 10 years, a ministry that grew from 50 kids the first year to over 700 kids with multiple locations by the 10th year.
Treves accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior in his early 30's. It was at this point he realized that God had given him a love and passion for the younger generations. He believes that the youth need to understand the importance of a strong foundation in life, and that foundation is Jesus Christ. He wants the youth to know that they are not the church of the future, they are the church of TODAY, with the opportunity to build a strong future in the life of the church.
Treves is married to who he calls God's gift to him, and his best friend, Tracy. They have four children and five grandchildren.
Children’s Ministry Director (Interim)
We are currently in search of the next Children's Ministry Director. At this time, Charlotte Wollum has graciously accepted the responsibility of the Sunday morning and Wednesday evening children's activities.