First Church of God Miamisburg has been serving this community since 1922. Here is a brief timeline of our history and leadership.
- The congregation began with prayer meetings and Sunday School held in homes.
- The Sam Kinzer family created the desire to organize the Fellowship with Sister Sara B. Cox as leader. Under her direction, the small church at Tenth and Kercher Streets was erected.
- Lillie McGuire became the pastor in 1938.
- In 1951, the congregation moved into a new facility on Kercher Street.
- Frank Fultz came to pastor the church in August 1953, when Reverend McGuire retired. The congregation continued to grow. The need for a larger facility was necessary. The congregation purchased 2.5 acres of land on the east side of Miamisburg and a building fund was started.
- In June 1963, the congregation moved into its new facility at the corner of Lindsey Avenue and Heincke Road.
- Glen Bevis came and served the church from 1973 until 1976.
- Glen Ball became the pastor in 1976. During the latter part of his ministry, the church was able to burn the mortgage.
- Mark McCain came to the church as pastor in March, 1985.
- In 1990, the church expanded its facilities to create a gymnasium and rooms for Christian Education. This allowed the church to use sports as an avenue to serve the community further.
- Through God’s faithfulness the church to expand its property to the 16.8 acres across the street for future development. Baseball diamonds, basketball courts, and a shelter house have all been built as the first step to future development for a new church facility across the street. These sports facilities have been another tool utilized for connecting with the community.
- Roy Maxwell came to serve the congregation as Senior Pastor in 2007 .
- In 2018, the congregation asked R.W. Moody, Jr. to come and lead.
These are just small snapshots of the history of FCM. We believe that God is writing a new chapter in the story of this congregation. We are excited to see what the story line becomes as we pursue obedience to Jesus Christ in the way we love, grow and serve.